All Things Books III

nightstar

Re: All Things Books III

Post by nightstar » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:38 am

Joanne wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:30 pm
purpleheart tblue heart purpleheart Our dear friend @nightstar is sending to all of you her greetings and she says soon she will be able to visit us here. We are too sending her our love and we'll be here waiting for her beautiful presence and posts! purpleheart tblue heart purpleheart
Ben Geldim default_celebrate008 Tcheer awsomeness2

hey everyone missed you so so so so much. smileys/bouquet2

Hope you are all fine. I can see the regular posts of @Joanne @Inga @Andrijana @Ruba and @Belena in instagram Shukur

MISSED ATB SO SO MUCH
tcupid tblue heart purpleheart tfeelthelove trose

Yes we had a strange time last week. The Internet shut down all over Iran!!! We had only internal connection [default_th_rollingpin.gif] well I know how strange and violent it sounds from outside and it is. It had a great finantial impact as well. We had a turmoil, due to the rises in the price of petrol. As I said before we have many problems due to sanctions. Besides there are many internal political problems .... It's a long story.

We as Iranians are used to instabilities it's a joke between us but what happened was completely out of our imagination. 10 years ago in 2009, after the controversial presidency election in Iran, the middle class started the protests. However this time the unrest started by suburbanite people. They protesters were not many but were so so violent, they didn't have much to lose. The crackdown was violent as well. I'm so sorry to describe it like this. In these occasions, social media can be very dangerous in undeveloped counties like Iran, so they blocked the connections to be able to control the unrest ....

This a short description about what happened. It's sad to believe that this could be a start. I'm sure that we have to develop the piers of democracy and respect peoples right to live as they prefer. Moving toward democracy needs time and should be a gradual movement.

Actually the main story of me was not the Internet shut down. I had a big problem at my work place [default_biggrin.png] It may be boring for most of you but the past month was awful for me. Now I'm much much much better. I took a couple of consulting sessions with a psychologist and it helped me a lot. I learned how to face my fears, how to improve my self-esteem and be brave. How to ignore the judgment of others and so on ....

Well 4 years ago I had to change my department and move to a new department. I was just learning how to govern the works, establish my own field of research and ... that our chief resigned and I was forced to replace him (I have to add that our ex-chief is a colleague of us now-actually my staff, he just left the chair of being the chief) It's a bout 2 years that I'm the head of our department. I tried hard to remove all the external tensions related to our department and also settle down our internal tensions. Make peace with all of my staff which are all men, older than me and are more experienced than me. Meanwhile our ex-chief tried to dictate his intentions to me. Working this way was a torture. We had an illed-relation, he helped and also manipulated me. We had a bad clash last month and I had to stand on my own feet. It was not easy to overcome the turbulence and the delirium that I was in. I had some physical problems as well stomach problems and ...

Now I'm on my path and have rehabilitated many of my suffering and the mental injuries that I've faced.

Thank you so much for tolerating my long story ttongue I've spoken so long hope it was not boring and irritating. wub

I'll soon be back to read your posts and enjoy ATB
Last edited by nightstar on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:36 am

heartshower

@nightstar canim! smileys/bouquet2 kissey

It's so wonderful to see your pretty face again. wub
I'd be lying if I said I haven't been worried about you
through all the recent turmoil. I'm so thankful that you & yours are okay. theart

Uff! I remember the transition you made a couple years ago - has it really been that long? tdunno
And I am proud as heck that you stood your ground. When problems come your way, my girl, you always
overcome them. Always. Fear be damned. Big, BIG hug! [loveboat.gif]

ObEEPPv.gif

“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum."

Joanne

Post by Joanne » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:14 am

@nightstar canim, what a wonderful, great pleasure to have you back! purpleheart
Seems you had some tough time to go through but hey... you're tougher than this tough time! [default_biggrin.png] tthumbs up
I greatly wish everything will be just fine from now on!
Stay safe, beautiful and tough all the way my dear! fistbump
wub theart

İyiki varsın kahvecim...💜🖤💕

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:41 am

ObEEPPv.gif

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 am

ObEEPPv.gif

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:24 pm

“For one who reads, there is no limit to the
number of lives that may be lived,
for fiction, biography, and history offer an inexhaustible number
of lives in many parts of the world, in all periods of time.”
~Louis L'Amour

ObEEPPv.gif

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:39 pm

ObEEPPv.gif

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:10 pm

WHAT’S UP WITH ACTIVE VOICE AND PASSIVE VOICE?

To better understand passive voice, we should compare it to active voice and see how the two differ.
In active voice, the subject performs the action expressed in the verb:
John (the subject) ate nine doughnuts this morning.
I (the subject) finished the 25-page essay last night.
The Doctor (the subject) greeted me.

In passive voice, the recipient or target of the action gets promoted to the subject position.
We can recognize passive-voice expressions because the verb phrase will often (but not always) include a form of “be,” such as am, is, was, were, are, or been. Another way to recognize passive-voice sentences is that they may include a “by (someone or something)” phrase after the verb:
Nine doughnuts were eaten by John this morning.
The 25-page essay was finished by me last night.
I was greeted by the Doctor.

Last edited by Meltem on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ObEEPPv.gif

Meltem

Post by Meltem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:17 pm

[default_biggrin.png] [default_biggrin.png] [default_biggrin.png]

ObEEPPv.gif

Joanne

Post by Joanne » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:48 pm

@Meltem cim, thank you for the evening english class! [default_winking.gif] Super passive voice teaching the "by zombies" one! [default_biggrin.png]

İyiki varsın kahvecim...💜🖤💕

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Reader's Garden”