eafan

Re: Personal Observations About Turkish TV Shows

Post by eafan » Mon May 11, 2015 5:30 am

Eafan, can you please post it?

What dear?

fQdviqx.gif

Lila.

Post by Lila. » Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 am

The story that  Lilian wrote about he visit to the set after Anastasia.

eafan

Post by eafan » Mon May 11, 2015 12:22 pm

The story that Lilian wrote about he visit to the set after Anastasia.

https://facebook.com/EnginAkyurekUniversal/photos/a.567835083237023.236720409681827/959629214057606/?type=1&_tn_=E%5B/url]

fQdviqx.gif

Romy

Post by Romy » Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 pm

I am a soap opera baby. I started watching during summer break when I came home from boarding school and I still do to this day. I watch Mexican novelas and many others from Latin America. I discovered Ask-i-memnu when it was remade with Spanish actors and broadcasted in Spanish

NQxNP5quyKoBcs9I1jImP4BpZb7ydKdhqU6ShE9_

Ruba

Post by Ruba » Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 pm

I am a soap opera baby. I started watching during summer break when I came home from boarding school and I still do to this day. I watch Mexican novelas and many others from Latin America. I discovered Ask-i-memnu when it was remade with Spanish actors and broadcasted in Spanish

I loved your last line

Ask-i-Memnu was dubbed in urdu language and was aired in Pakistan 3 years ago;those days one of the best Pakistani shows "humsafar" ended andPakistani audience was looking for new couple,new story and then they found Ishq-e-Mamnu;it was super hit here;girls and boys used to rave about Behlul Bihter;they did show daily an episode of 40 minutes and concluded it in 6 months but I didn't watch it even then;after Aski-e-Memnu they showed Fatmagul'un sucu ne " it s their I discovered turkish shows and loved loved loved Beren,I watched Ask-i-Memnu after FGSN.Kuzey guney is another show I watched and currently I am watching KPA ( bits of) Poyraz Karayel and Ezel.

HUJBC3G.gif

two Pakistani single women in their mid30s

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Mon May 11, 2015 3:46 pm

I like your confessions.

So years ago i was addicted in Latin Americas telenovelas (Greek members have already mentioned many titles of them).

My mother in low introduced me to the Turkish show world

Now i have decided to follow only Engin. 

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

LILIAN F

Post by LILIAN F » Mon May 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Igiso,

I agree with you  we now follow only Engin...TAMAM!!!

LILIAN F

ATHENS GREECE

Lila.

Post by Lila. » Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 pm

https://facebook.com/EnginAkyurekUniversal/photos/a.567835083237023.236720409681827/959629214057606/?type=1&_tn_=E%5B/url]

Thank you so much dear eafan!

Romy

Post by Romy » Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 pm

I loved your last line

Ask-i-Memnu was dubbed in urdu language and was aired in Pakistan 3 years ago;those days one of the best Pakistani shows "humsafar" ended andPakistani audience was looking for new couple,new story and then they found Ishq-e-Mamnu;it was super hit here;girls and boys used to rave about Behlul Bihter;they did show daily an episode of 40 minutes and concluded it in 6 months but I didn't watch it even then;after Aski-e-Memnu they showed Fatmagul'un sucu ne " it s their I discovered turkish shows and loved loved loved Beren,I watched Ask-i-Memnu after FGSN.Kuzey guney is another show I watched and currently I am watching KPA ( bits of) Poyraz Karayel and Ezel.

Rubacim, I was afraid people would be thinking " get a life Romy" 

NQxNP5quyKoBcs9I1jImP4BpZb7ydKdhqU6ShE9_

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue May 12, 2015 7:27 am

I wonder, we all see it, turkish producers don't? Such long episodes kill the storyline. Imagine how better turkish tv would be if the episode lengths and episode numbers were normal. Their shows could have more quality and they would be treated as more serious productions. They could follow the example of Scandinavian series for example, that have general success nowadays. 

A series like KPA for me would thrive if the length was shorter. I watched the first season and I really liked it, then the plot came to a circle by the end of the 1st season, but they decided to continue and add, add, add.. I dropped it then. I simply lost interest. 

This had happened before with other shows, like Kuzey Guney, with FGSN? (even though I finished it for emotional reasons mostly since it was what glued this forum together back in the day) and with other shows. 

My best experience so far, is with SON, exactly because they said "one season and we're done". It managed to keep the quality really high without dragging every plotline to the point the viewer gets so tired and decides to stop watching. Of course in case of SON, it was generally in a higher level than most dizis, from the plot to the actors, to direction, to production. The one-season format helped maintain those aspects at a maximum. 

I stopped watching dizis till Hicran, which was destroyed by the current system only after a few episodes.

Now I am watching Poyraz and I am REALLY afraid that season two will be lethal once again. 

The series itself made fun of the situation (it makes a lot of satirical comments on television and on the turkish social life in general). Poyraz described it perfectly in a scene: "Dizis aren't long, it's life that's too short". With that, I rest my case.  

blended.jpg

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Tue May 12, 2015 7:56 am

I agree dear about the length of the episodes. In Greek tv are too short (imo) 

Until now i only KPA watch in real time. And watching it with company, comments, feeling expresses, simultaneous translation is really a joyful experience. 

I watched the other shows in youtube or in dvd later so i was decided the length of the epi. 

About the 2nd season, i think that KPA in fact had almost one season because it started at the end of the previous season.

But I agree with you that in order to give a writer more episodes the plot stretches and the show becomes boring. So we want few and good episodes.   )

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

Lorelai

Post by Lorelai » Tue May 12, 2015 8:15 am

I wonder, we all see it, turkish producers don't? Such long episodes kill the storyline. Imagine how better turkish tv would be if the episode lengths and episode numbers were normal. Their shows could have more quality and they would be treated as more serious productions. They could follow the example of Scandinavian series for example, that have general success nowadays. 

A series like KPA for me would thrive if the length was shorter. I watched the first season and I really liked it, then the plot came to a circle by the end of the 1st season, but they decided to continue and add, add, add.. I dropped it then. I simply lost interest. 

This had happened before with other shows, like Kuzey Guney, with FGSN? (even though I finished it for emotional reasons mostly since it was what glued this forum together back in the day) and with other shows. 

My best experience so far, is with SON, exactly because they said "one season and we're done". It managed to keep the quality really high without dragging every plotline to the point the viewer gets so tired and decides to stop watching. Of course in case of SON, it was generally in a higher level than most dizis, from the plot to the actors, to direction, to production. The one-season format helped maintain those aspects at a maximum. 

I stopped watching dizis till Hicran, which was destroyed by the current system only after a few episodes.

Now I am watching Poyraz and I am REALLY afraid that season two will be lethal once again. 

The series itself made fun of the situation (it makes a lot of satirical comments on television and on the turkish social life in general). Poyraz described it perfectly in a scene: "Dizis aren't long, it's life that's too short". With that, I rest my case.

All people who watched SON, have good things to say about it. Do you know if there are greek or english subs available?? I could consider watching it in the summer, since it's only 25 episodes..

Many people in the forum love Poyraz, I would consider watching it, but only after it finishes, I would be too afraid of geting addicted to it and having one or two seasons more to go..

“…Il n’y a pas d’amour heureux
Mais c’est notre amour à tous les deux…”

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Tue May 12, 2015 8:20 am

All people who watched SON, have good things to say about it. Do you know if there are greek or english subs available?? I could consider watching it in the summer, since it's only 25 episodes..

Many people in the forum love Poyraz, I would consider watching it, but only after it finishes, I would be too afraid of geting addicted to it and having one or two seasons more to go..

Same here canim. Thats why i use to watch them later in youtube. About the 2 shows you mentioned i would like to watch them too but when i will get "clean" from KPA.  So let me know if they are good.  

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

Lorelai

Post by Lorelai » Tue May 12, 2015 8:31 am

Same here canim. Thats why i use to watch them later in youtube. About the 2 shows you mentioned i would like to watch them too but when i will get "clean" from KPA.  So let me know if they are good.  

Τamam canim!!!

“…Il n’y a pas d’amour heureux
Mais c’est notre amour à tous les deux…”

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue May 12, 2015 10:16 am

Yes ladies, I think I can help you with SON. Via inbox. 

blended.jpg

Inga

Post by Inga » Tue May 12, 2015 1:03 pm

I have been watching soap operas since I was a teenager. First, American soaps like General Hospital. I used to stay home from school by pretending to be sick to catch major events in a soap. I watched Dynasty, in the 1980s when it was all the rage. I saw La Mentira and began watching in Spanish. I watched Brazilian shows like El Clon, the original and Avenida Brasil to name a few. When my daughter discovered Turkish show, I joined in the fun. I have seen a few like Asi, Fatmagul, KG, Magnificent Century, KPA, and some others. I find Turkey to be such a beautiful country. My sister had visited a while back and took stunning pictures. I hope to visit one day. As for the genre, of course, the shows are too long at 2hrs plus also 6 months would be plenty time to conclude a story without resorting to filler episodes or stretching it with, often times, ridiculous asides. A lot of times, the issues that get to me are sexism, domestic abuse and violence toward women or children.  I hate to see that but then again, American soaps are full of "who is the daddy?" because the woman was with 2 men at once. I take the good ignore the bad. I do not waste my time if a show looses its compass completely I stop watching and move on.

Y0oeLkO.gif

Lena

Post by Lena » Wed May 13, 2015 8:54 pm

I take the good ignore the bad. I do not waste my time if a show looses its compass completely I stop watching and move on.

Generally, I do the same but sometimes I'm emotionally attached to a show because my friends are watching it. So, I endure it for their sake.

For me, I'm not bothered at all by the length of Turkish shows. They only become a problem when the story is dragged and the quality suffers. This is coming from someone who watches Arabic shows which are generally 35-45 minutes long and most of them are 30 episodes. One season. Yet, not all are quality shows. To me, it depends on the story and the way its written. I love the length. Shows aren't long, rather life is too short. I sooo agree with this statement.

I want to visit Turkey one day! I love that their culture is similar to the Arab culture and what draws me the most is their focus on simplicity in love and the little details that are sometimes overlooked. I love Turkish shows. They just need to focus more on telling a good story than depending on the cast to carry a show. These are just my honest thoughts in general.

PAT

Post by PAT » Sun May 17, 2015 5:26 am

So now, they are even recycling the names of the series. I saw 2 announcements that made me like that : 

2 new summer series (they have suddenly trended):

1- After the "success" of "Kiraz Mevsimi" (Cherries season), comes "çilek Kokuksu" (The smell of strawberries)    with the actress who played Melis in Gunesi Bekklerken, I forgot her name

2- After "Gunesi Beklerken" on Kanal D, "Gunes'in kizlari" (the daughters of Gunes) will start on the same channel, with the same actor who played the father in Gunesi Beklerken 

PeRi

Post by PeRi » Sun May 17, 2015 5:32 am

So now, they are even recycling the names of the series. I saw 2 announcements that made me like that : 

1- After the "success" of "Kiraz Mevsimi" (Cherries season), comes "çilek Kokuksu" (The smell of strawberries)    with the actress who played Melis in Gunesi Bekklerken, I forgot her name

2- After "Gunesi Beklerken" on Kanal D, "Gunes'in kizlari" (the daughters of Gunes) will start on the same channel, with the same actor who played the father in Gunesi Beklerken 

I saw that and i was like what Kanal D will name all summer setries Gunesi    

Why would the stars want to look down on such as me? 

belalugosi

Post by belalugosi » Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm

I think the Strawberries girl is actually Demet Özdemir, who was in that teen show about kid with X-Men type powers.  Melis is in a sitcom called Bana Baba Dedi... I never watched it because sitcoms aren't really my thing.

But nearly all the coming shows appear to be romantic comedies... AY and KM have inspired a season, apparently!

eafan

Post by eafan » Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 am

But nearly all the coming shows appear to be romantic comedies... AY and KM have inspired a season, apparently!

Yes but it doesn't mean that they will have the same success as Ask Yeniden.It is just copy/pasting,following trends,...

fQdviqx.gif

Mer(Abla)

Post by Mer(Abla) » Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah... The same thing came into my head when I read about these 2 new shows!

kL0GWcy.gif

belalugosi

Post by belalugosi » Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Yes but it doesn't mean that they will have the same success as Ask Yeniden.It is just copy/pasting,following trends,...

I would be surprised if most of them make it past a few episodes.  Trend shows usually aren't very inspired.  It's unfortunate as some really good actors will be in them.

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Wed May 20, 2015 10:32 am

I haven't seen until now a Turkish comedy. Any suggestion? 

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

Lena

Post by Lena » Wed May 20, 2015 11:17 am

I haven't seen until now a Turkish comedy. Any suggestion?

Yes, I suggest Ask yeniden. It's really good!

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Wed May 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Are there english subs?

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

eafan

Post by eafan » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Are there english subs?

No but we are doing summaries here http://board.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/index.php?/topic/3637-a%C5%9Fk-yeniden-dialogues/

fQdviqx.gif

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot my dear 

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

Lena

Post by Lena » Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Are there english subs?

I’m trying to help with that. Soon InShaAllah!

Igiso

Post by Igiso » Thu May 21, 2015 3:20 pm

I’m trying to help with that. Soon InShaAllah!

Thank you Lenacim 

xQqXnGK.gif?1    

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Titles: General”