Hakim

Post by Joanne »

I'm so glad I was able to start this!
It's so so good, I'm telling you!
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Zumrut is hilarious. She does bad things but it's a comedy and I don't take her seriously. This scene with the hair is just... biggrint

Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Drea
Verified Member

Post by Drea »

Finally Esra is going to see Ozan not just as her nerdy ex husband who made it big on her idea and hard work but as a man who’s desirable to other woman. This should make things interesting!!
mili
Kraliçe

Post by mili »

Now she will be jealous and it will be even funnier than him biggrint
But yeah Esra will see that her ex hubby actually is attractive and can be with other women
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Esra up until now, I doubt she has seen Ozan as a man in general. Not even when she married him.
I believe that's her first time that will see him like that and she will be the one to fall for him first. Not that he's any better when it comes to feelings!
Poor guy (and jerk at times) is in a constant fight with his feelings for her...and has Zumrut on top to give him extra trouble!
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Drea
Verified Member

Post by Drea »

Joanne wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:04 pm Esra up until now, I doubt she has seen Ozan as a man in general. Not even when she married him.
I believe that's her first time that will see him like that and she will be the one to fall for him first. Not that he's any better when it comes to feelings!
Poor guy (and jerk at times) is in a constant fight with his feelings for her...and has Zumrut on top to give him extra trouble!
Yeah, I think you’re right. Esra never really saw Ozan as a man. Never really loved him. Her mother says don’t marry a man like your father. What does she do, goes and asks basically the first man she sees who she knows is available and willing and asks him to marry her. I always think to myself why did she even get married in the first place? There was no reason for her to.
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Drea wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:16 pm Yeah, I think you’re right. Esra never really saw Ozan as a man. Never really loved him. Her mother says don’t marry a man like your father. What does she do, goes and asks basically the first man she sees who she knows is available and willing and asks him to marry her. I always think to myself why did she even get married in the first place? There was no reason for her to.
I guess out of fear to avoid crossing on her father's model of a husband. What she ended up with was exactly that at the time, a husband who was only chasing his dream and left her alone in real life's struggles. Only he succeeded but she was too young to wait and see that. I might be totally wrong but I think Zumrut has something to do with her decision to divorce him.
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Joanne wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:39 pm
Drea wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:16 pm Yeah, I think you’re right. Esra never really saw Ozan as a man. Never really loved him. Her mother says don’t marry a man like your father. What does she do, goes and asks basically the first man she sees who she knows is available and willing and asks him to marry her. I always think to myself why did she even get married in the first place? There was no reason for her to.
I guess out of fear to avoid crossing on her father's model of a husband. What she ended up with was exactly that at the time, a husband who was only chasing his dream and left her alone in real life's struggles. Only he succeeded but she was too young to wait and see that. I might be totally wrong but I think Zumrut has something to do with her decision to divorce him.
Exactly. She married the exact same type of guy as her father. Children follow their parents' actions, not their words.

Esra never really saw a man in Ozan because he didn't act like one. Someone who lets you carry all the burden is not a partner, he's a liability.

Drea
Verified Member

Post by Drea »

Rosamund wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am
Exactly. She married the exact same type of guy as her father. Children follow their parents' actions, not their words.

Esra never really saw a man in Ozan because he didn't act like one. Someone who lets you carry all the burden is not a partner, he's a liability.

@Joanne She should have at least dated the guy!!! Lol Then she would have known what she was getting herself into. That mother in law definitely would have been a nightmare to live with. Oof The way Ozan always let his mom get away with it too couldn’t have been good for their relationship.

@Rosamund thats such a good point! So true.

I wonder how long they were married before he started working the app? Maybe he wasn’t like her dad right at the start of the marriage. Was it mentioned how long they were married?
Do you guys think that it was just a build up of working so hard all the time and a pile up of debt that caused Esra to quit the marriage? Or there’s something else going on there as well? I personally think there might be something else going on too. I kind of even hope there is something else. It would add a little more oomph to her lingering resentment.
Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Drea wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:16 pm
Rosamund wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:06 am

@Joanne She should have at least dated the guy!!! Lol Then she would have known what she was getting herself into. That mother in law definitely would have been a nightmare to live with. Oof The way Ozan always let his mom get away with it too couldn’t have been good for their relationship.

@Rosamund thats such a good point! So true.

I wonder how long they were married before he started working the app? Maybe he wasn’t like her dad right at the start of the marriage. Was it mentioned how long they were married?
Do you guys think that it was just a build up of working so hard all the time and a pile up of debt that caused Esra to quit the marriage? Or there’s something else going on there as well? I personally think there might be something else going on too. I kind of even hope there is something else. It would add a little more oomph to her lingering resentment.
I don't think it was specified how long they were married. Ozan turned out to not be like her father after all but the red flags were there. They didn't know each other well and were too young to get married. His I'm working on something big, I will succeed one day, just hold on, do it all and have faith in me is just childish.

I'm trying to not over-analyze the story because the script is not very well thought out.

Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Rari
Verified Member

Post by Rari »

[/quote]

I don't think it was specified how long they were married. Ozan turned out to not be like her father after all but the red flags were there. They didn't know each other well and were too young to get married. His I'm working on something big, I will succeed one day, just hold on, do it all and have faith in me is just childish.

I'm trying to not over-analyze the story because the script is not very well thought out.
[/quote]

I think it was mentioned that they were married for 4 years. In the Korean version "Esra" married " Ozan" because he was very intelligent ( a real nerd) and had a stable civil servant job and that's all she ever wanted, a man with a steady job so that she could realise her dream of becoming a stay at home wife. For the first few years it was like that and she was very happy; but then he went and quit his job to pursue his dream of creating an app - so she now had to work to support the household. The dream of creating an app took longer than she would have liked, and something else happened in the interim so she got tired and overwhelmed and decided to divorce him since it looked like he was becoming exactly like her father, and she was literally triggered.

I understand that this Turkish version of the Korean original is an adaptation rather than a remake, so they're going to change a few things to suit the audience, they've done a good job so far although I think they should give a better explanation of the dynamics between Esra and Ozan so that the story doesn't appear badly thought out as pointed out by @Drea

I must say that I'm really enjoying this dizi, dare I say a tad more than Ada Masali. Let's hope it stays good.
Rari
Verified Member

Post by Rari »

Rari wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 pm I wonder how long they were married before he started working the app? Maybe he wasn’t like her dad right at the start of the marriage. Was it mentioned how long they were married?

[/quote]

I think it was mentioned that they were married for 4 years. In the Korean version "Esra" married " Ozan" because he was very intelligent ( a real nerd) and had a stable civil servant job and that's all she ever wanted, a man with a steady job so that she could realise her dream of becoming a stay at home wife. For the first few years it was like that and she was very happy; but then he went and quit his job to pursue his dream of creating an app - so she now had to work to support the household. The dream of creating an app took longer than she would have liked, and something else happened in the interim so she got tired and overwhelmed and decided to divorce him since it looked like he was becoming exactly like her father, and she was literally triggered.

I understand that this Turkish version of the Korean original is an adaptation rather than a remake, so they're going to change a few things to suit the audience, they've done a good job so far although I think they should give a better explanation of the dynamics between Esra and Ozan so that the story doesn't appear badly thought out as pointed out by @Drea

I must say that I'm really enjoying this dizi, dare I say a tad more than Ada Masali. Let's hope it stays good.
[/quote]

Sorry, I meant @Rosamund
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

I wanna know and I want Ozan to find out why she left him back then... now!!!
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Rari
Verified Member

Post by Rari »

Joanne wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:15 pm

I second that!!
And I can't wait to see an Ozan who's not always angry :surrender2_flag: come on show, bring on the lovey dovey [loveboat.gif]
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

I was reading some comments, on Twitter I think, where people there say that if it goes like the Korean show...
Spoiler:
Esra was pregnant and had a miscarriage probably because she had to work all day to support her family and Ozan's dream but after that, she was fed up and asked for a divorce. Can't blame her and I believe Ozan will be devasted after he finds out.
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
turkish_tea

Post by turkish_tea »

Rari wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:11 pm
Joanne wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:15 pm

I second that!!
And I can't wait to see an Ozan who's not always angry :surrender2_flag: come on show, bring on the lovey dovey [loveboat.gif]
Yeah. Ozan is always SO ANGRY with Esra. He doesn't give her a break! I feel sorry for her sometimes.
Mer(Abla)
The Great

Post by Mer(Abla) »

Joanne wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:38 pm I was reading some comments, on Twitter I think, where people there say that if it goes like the Korean show...
Spoiler:
Esra was pregnant and had a miscarriage probably because she had to work all day to support her family and Ozan's dream but after that, she was fed up and asked for a divorce. Can't blame her and I believe Ozan will be devasted after he finds out.
I thought of that when she said that he would only hurt if she told him and that she did that for the both of them back then. I mean what else could it be?
tdaisy

Hilal - director
Guru

Post by Hilal - director »

Hello ladies … I am loving this show it is my favorite this summer …
Joanne … I guessed the exact same thing that she is hiding and I believe it probably happened the night he forgot to pay the electricity bill and went off to an Internet cafe to work on his app … that was why she was so angry at him and insisted on a divorce …

BTW there was a flash back when Esra and Ozan were like 5 year olds in class and he was already smitten by her and she made him do her homework for her … so actually Esra knew Ozan all her life ….

One other thing really I am impressed by Burcu’s acting … I first saw her with Hande in that Gunese something show … and again with Caglar
however in this show she seems so in grasp with her acting tools … I notice that Hande misses on so many of her scenes unlike Burcu in this show …
Having said that, Burcu somehow is sticking with one type of shows and does not tend to take chances and try other roles …
Hilal - director
Guru

Post by Hilal - director »

One more thing I like Ilhan … and he knows how to be funny … does anyone know if Burcu is older than Ilhan … the bags under her eyes make her look a bit older … not sure
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Hilal - director wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm One more thing I like Ilhan … and he knows how to be funny … does anyone know if Burcu is older than Ilhan … the bags under her eyes make her look a bit older … not sure
Hi there! Good to see you again! purpleheart
Ilhan's older than Burcu, he's 33 she's 31.
I love this show too mostly because it has equal doses of comedy and drama but I also like the cast and the story.
No need to say Zumrut's my favorite...all the gifs I've been making with her! tlol
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Zümrüt Korfalı...

Sevimsiz arıyor...yani Esra

Technology lies at the end of her finger...
ImageImage
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

These two!😍🧡
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Joanne wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:38 pm

These two!😍🧡
tlol

I love their scenes and micro expressions!

Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Joanne wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:33 am Zümrüt Korfalı...

Sevimsiz arıyor...yani Esra

Technology lies at the end of her finger...
ImageImage
Lovely gifs. She really is hilarious.

Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Rosamund wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:49 pm Lovely gifs. She really is hilarious.
Sağol canım!💙
She's what I need these heatwave days!😂
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund »

Joanne wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:58 pm
Rosamund wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:49 pm Lovely gifs. She really is hilarious.
Sağol canım!💙
She's what I need these heatwave days!😂
How many in your town? It was 39 C today in Sofia, according to the app on my phone it felt like 45. I don't know how it felt coz I only showed up on the balcony to water my oleander. [default_rolleyes.gif]

Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Rosamund wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:29 pm How many in your town? It was 39 C today in Sofia, according to the app on my phone it felt like 45. I don't know how it felt coz I only showed up on the balcony to water my oleander.
It was 42.5C but now it's a bit lower, 39C, and tomorrow it's expected to be higher. The sea today was like taking a warm bath but still better than staying out of the waters. And we have a few more days to go on Friday!🔥💦😓
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          

Return to “Other Titles”