Babil

User avatar
Ania
Komiser
Posts: 7213
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Re: Babil

Post by Ania » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:25 am

mili wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:31 pm
But on the other hand that fragman didn't air on TV so in some way they had to air it on TV too, just maybe there wasn't need for special announcement about it
Exactly! I get that they aired it again on TV, as it was the first time, but the announcement was made online, so it was safe to assume that people were expecting something new.



xYUnl5B.gif


User avatar
Rosamund
Guru
Posts: 4373
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 894 times

Post by Rosamund » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:13 am

What does 'online' mean - a paid platform like Netflix? How do we watch it?


giphy.gif


User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:23 am

Rosamund wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:13 am
What does 'online' mean - a paid platform like Netflix? How do we watch it?
This show will air on Startv, but first it was planned to be on one of TR online platforms similar like Netflix.

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:36 am

Promo poster

User avatar
JojoRabbit (zuzu)
Savcı
Posts: 12267
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 1589 times

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 am

I say this show is is like a Royalty show.. especially with the cast they have. I am so curious to see how this will go.. both curious and nervous, actually. [default_rolleyes.gif]

User avatar
Samiramis
Guru
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 428 times
Been thanked: 235 times

Post by Samiramis » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 am

Nice it looks really good! This will be my first time watching Halit and Ozan. Does the change from digital to regular show mean that it will have to rely on ratings again? I wish it had stayed a digital show tbh.
Image
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:07 pm

New trailer


It really isn't real to have cast like this in one dizi!

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:47 pm



We got to see one part of story, Halit and Nur's son is sick but who are others mixed is still unknown, specially Asli and Birce. I think that Ozan and Halit's characters are friends

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Btw about days. Star has free Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... my choice would be Thursday, cause a cast like this can take some audience from BZC and maybe even MD. Anyhow there are only 2 shows airing in Thursdays which is silly compared to 5 we have on Monday

User avatar
QueenLola
Sultan
Posts: 22580
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2254 times
Been thanked: 3203 times

Post by QueenLola » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 am

Samiramis wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 am
Nice it looks really good! This will be my first time watching Halit and Ozan. Does the change from digital to regular show mean that it will have to rely on ratings again? I wish it had stayed a digital show tbh.
Me too.... my hopes dropped a bit when it was moved to normal TV to battle it out in the ratings game
Image

User avatar
Rosamund
Guru
Posts: 4373
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 894 times

Post by Rosamund » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am

Don't you guys find the plot cliche and boring? I-would-do-anything-to-save-my-child. I know most dizis are cliche but this one I don't find interesting at all. If I try it, it would be because of the cast. Well, I'm curious to see Birce in another role.


giphy.gif


User avatar
QueenLola
Sultan
Posts: 22580
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2254 times
Been thanked: 3203 times

Post by QueenLola » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am

Rosamund wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am
Don't you guys find the plot cliche and boring? I-would-do-anything-to-save-my-child. I know most dizis are cliche but this one I don't find interesting at all. If I try it, it would be because of the cast. Well, I'm curious to see Birce in another role.
I see what you mean, but then literally all plots these days are cliche and repetitive. It's how it'll eventually unfold that determines if it's worth it in the end.
Image

User avatar
Rosamund
Guru
Posts: 4373
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 894 times

Post by Rosamund » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:01 am

QueenLola wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Rosamund wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am
Don't you guys find the plot cliche and boring? I-would-do-anything-to-save-my-child. I know most dizis are cliche but this one I don't find interesting at all. If I try it, it would be because of the cast. Well, I'm curious to see Birce in another role.
I see what you mean, but then literally all plots these days are cliche and repetitive. It's how it'll eventually unfold that determines if it's worth it in the end.
With so many dizis out there, it has to be really good. I don't have so much time. tdunno


giphy.gif


User avatar
JojoRabbit (zuzu)
Savcı
Posts: 12267
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 1589 times

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:36 pm

From the fragman so far, its kindda remind me of the Denzel Washington’s John Q film. Maybe with some turk dizi plot twist tabi.. whatever it is, with a cast like this, it kindda lift up my expectation which is... scary and nerve wrecking. I hope this powerhouse can attract audience. Amin!

User avatar
belalugosi
Guru
Posts: 2656
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 1:49 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Post by belalugosi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Yes it reminds me a lot of John Q as well! I loved that movie growing up, so I hope it has similar elements.

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:36 am

It says it's rumored to start on Friday 17... bad move imo


User avatar
Samiramis
Guru
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 428 times
Been thanked: 235 times

Post by Samiramis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:00 am

QueenLola wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 am
Samiramis wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 am
Nice it looks really good! This will be my first time watching Halit and Ozan. Does the change from digital to regular show mean that it will have to rely on ratings again? I wish it had stayed a digital show tbh.
Me too.... my hopes dropped a bit when it was moved to normal TV to battle it out in the ratings game
Yeah I also feel like the only reason they managed to score all these big names in the first place was because they were promised a digital show.
Image
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

User avatar
JojoRabbit (zuzu)
Savcı
Posts: 12267
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 1589 times

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:56 am

Friday... its gonna be tough ya!

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:03 pm

She says they are still deciding if it will air on Friday



Star please don't do it! They better take Thursday!

User avatar
JojoRabbit (zuzu)
Savcı
Posts: 12267
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 1589 times

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:46 am

So... friday....

User avatar
Ania
Komiser
Posts: 7213
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 701 times

Post by Ania » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:56 am

QueenLola wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Rosamund wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am
Don't you guys find the plot cliche and boring? I-would-do-anything-to-save-my-child. I know most dizis are cliche but this one I don't find interesting at all. If I try it, it would be because of the cast. Well, I'm curious to see Birce in another role.
I see what you mean, but then literally all plots these days are cliche and repetitive. It's how it'll eventually unfold that determines if it's worth it in the end.
It's the same for me. Basically any plot now is something that has already been done before, so it's all about the details and characters of that particular story.

I'm not sure I'm going to be watching this one though. It was supposed to be online, which I would have found time for, but another regular dizi is not a possibility. Plus I'm still in my "I'm not watching any new dizis" phase after the cancellation of Azize.


xYUnl5B.gif


User avatar
Rosamund
Guru
Posts: 4373
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 894 times

Post by Rosamund » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Ania wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:56 am
QueenLola wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:55 am
Rosamund wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am
Don't you guys find the plot cliche and boring? I-would-do-anything-to-save-my-child. I know most dizis are cliche but this one I don't find interesting at all. If I try it, it would be because of the cast. Well, I'm curious to see Birce in another role.
I see what you mean, but then literally all plots these days are cliche and repetitive. It's how it'll eventually unfold that determines if it's worth it in the end.
It's the same for me. Basically any plot now is something that has already been done before, so it's all about the details and characters of that particular story.

I'm not sure I'm going to be watching this one though. It was supposed to be online, which I would have found time for, but another regular dizi is not a possibility. Plus I'm still in my "I'm not watching any new dizis" phase after the cancellation of Azize.
It was cancelled? Niye? I thought it was a hit, great chemistry filan, falan.


giphy.gif


User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:45 pm



and it's Friday... ah Star ah!
But who knows it can be a surprise!

User avatar
Mazarine Blue
Guru
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:55 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Post by Mazarine Blue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 pm

I really don't see the day as a big problem. Friday has two successful shows (in Total category), Hercai and Arka Sokaklar. So there is space for a 3rd success (for example a 6 rating), like on monday where Cukur has 10, SK 9 and Yasak Elma 6. Also the previous "failures" on fridays were due to the quality of the shows (I think sevgili gecmis and FeS were not good enough per sei to survive. it's not the day fault).
and good luck for this show, I hope the change from digital to TV has been well executed
-- Devir teknoloji devri görüntülü ararsin mesajlaşmalar falan ... neyimize yetmeyecek ?
-- Yeter tabi ... yetmez mi ?

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 am

Mazarine Blue wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 pm
I really don't see the day as a big problem. Friday has two successful shows (in Total category), Hercai and Arka Sokaklar. So there is space for a 3rd success (for example a 6 rating), like on monday where Cukur has 10, SK 9 and Yasak Elma 6. Also the previous "failures" on fridays were due to the quality of the shows (I think sevgili gecmis and FeS were not good enough per sei to survive. it's not the day fault).
and good luck for this show, I hope the change from digital to TV has been well executed
I was bit afraid and skeptical about day and how they'll perform but seeing lot of people on TW and some of those dizi fan pages who are positive and like that they chose Friday made me relax a bit and now think in positive way. So I guess we'll have to wait and see how audience will like this one. After all they have one of the best casts right now and about story we will see. Babil can find their numbers in AB and ABC category since neither of shows have some huge numbers. You are right about Monday an interesting situation and also Zalim Istanbul kept it well with some 5 ratings.

User avatar
valentia
Komiser
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 1696 times
Been thanked: 952 times

Post by valentia » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:56 pm


User avatar
JojoRabbit (zuzu)
Savcı
Posts: 12267
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 599 times
Been thanked: 1589 times

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 am

I dont know why, but i'm actually tiny miny scared that this show might over-ride Hercai.. default_moque.gif , Just look at the cast, omg. I really cannot just pass through the cast names like they're nobody.. they are like.. gods of the turk dizi (althought for once upon a time, that is) .. but still, i still think they are capable to attract audience attention, and with good story, good scripts, drama, editing, music falan... it can survive, may survive. I realise how turk audience sometimes have tendency to like.. shows with certain ages of protagonist.. they like Ozkan deniz... they used to like Erkan Patekkaya, so maybe our two vets here, can catch their attention too.. i'm quite excited for this. Competition is OK on Friday, Hercai is not so strong as it used to be, but still doing good with its regular audience..so i think Babil has the chance here. Arka Sokaklar.. nobody cares. LOL. [default_biggrin.png]

User avatar
QueenLola
Sultan
Posts: 22580
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2254 times
Been thanked: 3203 times

Post by QueenLola » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:15 am

Since its now on regular TV, is it going to do the whole season arc (20+ episodes), or just have a couple of episodes like digital platforms do??

Based on earlier assumptions, it was supposed to be fast-paced galiba. I hope it doesn't suffer being dragged through fillers and plot twists just to fill up its episode quota.
JojoRabbit (zuzu) wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 am
I dont know why, but i'm actually tiny miny scared that this show might over-ride Hercai.. default_moque.gif , Just look at the cast, omg. I really cannot just pass through the cast names like they're nobody.. they are like.. gods of the turk dizi (althought for once upon a time, that is) .. but still, i still think they are capable to attract audience attention, and with good story, good scripts, drama, editing, music falan... it can survive, may survive. I realise how turk audience sometimes have tendency to like.. shows with certain ages of protagonist.. they like Ozkan deniz... they used to like Erkan Patekkaya, so maybe our two vets here, can catch their attention too.. i'm quite excited for this. Competition is OK on Friday, Hercai is not so strong as it used to be, but still doing good with its regular audience..so i think Babil has the chance here. Arka Sokaklar.. nobody cares. LOL. [default_biggrin.png]


I still think Hercai is good to go for the rest of the season regardless of if ratings drop.
Hopefully, Babil does well enough to keep them on their toes so they don't succumb to greed and go for a 3rd season [default_yoga-smiley.gif]
Image

User avatar
mili
Sultan
Posts: 22281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 am
Has thanked: 2632 times
Been thanked: 4830 times

Post by mili » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:46 am

QueenLola wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:15 am
Since its now on regular TV, is it going to do the whole season arc (20+ episodes), or just have a couple of episodes like digital platforms do??
I saw they are continuing with shooting of episode 4 or 5. So they are not much in advance of shootings. Or maybe they had to compress episodes that they already shot to get 2h

User avatar
QueenLola
Sultan
Posts: 22580
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 2254 times
Been thanked: 3203 times

Post by QueenLola » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:03 am

mili wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:46 am

I saw they are continuing with shooting of episode 4 or 5. So they are not much in advance of shootings. Or maybe they had to compress episodes that they already shot to get 2h
I even forgot the episode length thing default_doh
A 30-40 minute (lets even say 1 hour) episode now has to be extended by another hour+ ..... they should have just left this thing on digital.... neyse fingers crossed for them
Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Titles”