Ottoman Rising

Samiramis

Re: Ottoman Rising

Post by Samiramis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am

They‘re speaking English. Why are they speaking English?

Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

JojoRabbit (zuzu)

Post by JojoRabbit (zuzu) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:08 am

Not bad at all. It just felt weird its in english. And its also gonna be like a docu-series then. I hope it will be good.

mili

Post by mili » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 am

Samiramis wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am
Why are they speaking English?
I think cause it will no be usual show but with some parts of a documentary. This is just like a project for International fans and like representation of Turkish history and one of most important sultans they had. which isn't bad idea cause they already have tons of movies and dizis with this topic.

Samiramis

Post by Samiramis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:14 am

mili wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 am
Samiramis wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:23 am
Why are they speaking English?
I think cause it will no be usual show but with some parts of a documentary. This is just like a project for International fans and like representation of Turkish history and one of most important sultans they had. which isn't bad idea cause they already have tons of movies and dizis with this topic.
You‘re right, that‘s probably it. They could have let them talk Turkish and simply subbed/dubbed it afterwards though.
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

Mazarine Blue

Post by Mazarine Blue » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 pm

I don't like this format of docudrama( I just found the wod by googling the last tsar. When I watched the last tsars, this going back and forth to the documentary side, didn't let me enoy the drama. It actually screwed my focus, as I couldn't let myself go with the "fictional" characters . I found the documentary part, i.e. the researchers speaking about the historical facts, as non necessary at all. I can enjoy a period drama without someone , drassed with today outfits, repeating the events to me.
I hope I won't be feeling the same with Otoman Rising, I added to my list because of Tuba name and because it's a short drama anyway
-- Devir teknoloji devri görüntülü ararsin mesajlaşmalar falan ... neyimize yetmeyecek ?
-- Yeter tabi ... yetmez mi ?

valentia

Post by valentia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:20 pm

https://fav10.net/forum/threads/rise-of ... a-nQv4wK88
Photos from the gala. 24 January episodes will be available.

mili

Post by mili » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:52 am

Episodes are on Netflix!
6 eps cca 45 mins

mili

Post by mili » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:52 pm

I watched first 2 episodes...and got to say this is proper documentary. If someone is watching History channels or similar ones than this is pretty much the same. There are some professors, historians etc who are talking, we have narrator and all actors are there to make it more realistic.
I got to say that all costumes, fortresses, palaces etc are really really well done! tthumbs up
At first yes, it is very weird to hear them speaking in English but ofc you get used to it. Also I guess they all practiced a lot cause you can't almost hear Turkish accent when they are talking.
Many big names took part here and it's nice to see they did, cause most of the time pretty much unknown actors do this type of shows. But since this is different type of shows they really don't get that many minutes or some big names are playing side roles.

If anyone wonders about Tuba, she is playing Mara Brankovic, Murad II 's 3rd wife, they didn't have children but Mehmet called her 'mother'. Her English is also very good!

I got to say this probably isn't what many expected to be, and for sure not everyone's cup of tea, but who wants to learn more about how they fought to obtain Constantinople, how they lived, bit of Mehmet's life etc than you should watch it! Good lesson about Turkish history!

KaraDeniz

Post by KaraDeniz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 pm

I have binge watched today and I loved it. Pretty much a history lesson. The acting part was very good, fight scenes was so real, good costume, good soundtrack...good job over all. tthumbs up

valentia

Post by valentia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:33 am

Some people would say that Balkan's must not watch this because Mehmet conquered these countries and history shows are Turkey's point of view but i will watch it like i watched Vatanim Sensin and Magnificent century because i love history dizis and documentaries like this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Titles”